Five facts about the convenience industry that the iSEE team learned at this year’s expo
NACS Show 2018 is officially a wrap! But after four days with 60-plus education sessions, four engaging general sessions, and countless networking opportunities across 420,000 square feet of expo floor, it’s time to debrief and sort out the many things we learned at the event. The team at iSEE has put together our list of actionable takeaways from this year’s NACS Show, which include:
- Reach Out to Independents: Mondelez had a special part of their booth to interact with small retailers and Gilbarco sent out invites and did giveaways at their booth just for small retailers.
- Get Involved: In addition to all the good the industry does for disaster relief and working with the Partnership for a Health, NACS announced that it has partnered up with In Our Backyard to raise awareness of Human Trafficking and share resources with the convenience story community.
- Explore A New Beverage Opportunity: The real opportunity for convenience retailers to benefit from the cannabis boom may not be in marijuana or inhale-ables: it could be CBD-infused beverages. We’ve got some ideas on how to merchandise those new products!
- Invest in Diversity—It Pays Off: Wendy Davidson of Kellogg Company noted that teams that have done best with diversity inclusion have performed best overall.
- Know The Job Market: There are 5-6 million open jobs in the United States according to the mikeroweWORKS Foundation. Most don’t require a college education.